FREE Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Compare quotes from the top auto insurance companies and save!
After making a few phone calls, John learned about broad form auto insurance and how having this type of coverage could give him plenty of peace of mind. With broad form insurance, many things that typical comprehensive insurance does not cover would be covered, and even if he were in an accident where he was at fault, he would not have to worry about going into debt to take care of all of the expenses that would be incurred.
What is Broad Form Car Insurance?
A lot of drivers only have comprehensive insurance, the basic amount of insurance that they are required to have by New York state law and the most insurance that they can afford. While this is going to help drivers somewhat, there are many things that comprehensive insurance does not cover, including:
- Medical expenses for you if you are the at fault driver
- Auto repairs on your vehicle if you are the at fault driver
- Damage from theft or fire
- Damage from natural disasters
All of these things are covered by broad form insurance, as well as many other things that you might not normally even think about.
Reasons to Have New York Broad Form Auto Insurance
If you do not already have broad form insurance, here are some excellent reasons for you to go out and get some quotes for this type of coverage today:
- You live in an area prone to natural disasters and you are worried about damage to your vehicle.
- You live in a high crime area and worry about replacing your vehicle if it is stolen or paying for repairs if it is vandalized.
- You have a newer model vehicle that will be expensive to repair or replace.
How to Get the Best Rates
If you are interested in learning more about broad form auto insurance, you can contact the various insurance agencies in your neighborhood. While you’re at it, this is a good time to get some quotes. Have a list of questions with you when you are talking to representatives, so you don’t forget anything.
Here are some of the things you may be asked about:
- Driving record
- Geographical location
- Driver’s education
- Membership to AAA (American Automobile Association) or other similar organizations
If you are considering getting broad form auto insurance, you need to do your homework and make sure that you shop around for the best rates. Get quotes from a few different agencies, which you can easily by simply entering your zip code, and find out who is offering the insurance products you need at the best possible rates.